Local 47 Musicians Relief Fund
Be an anonymous donor to the Musicians Relief Fund. Your generous contribution will help members suffering from illness or injury that prevents them from working, or who lack the funds to pay for necessities such as food or rent.
Contributions may be mailed to:
Musicians Relief Fund
Attn: Rimona Seay
817 Vine St.
Hollywood, CA 90038
Apply for Relief
If you need assistance from the Local 47 Musicians Relief Fund, please fill out and submit the Relief Fund Application and mail to the address above or send by email.
Guidelines for Use of the Local 47 Musicians Relief Fund:
The Relief Fund shall be used for relief for immediate situations, such as:
- Illness or injury that prevents the member from working;
- Lack of money to pay for necessities such as food and/or rent.
The Relief Fund shall not be used for:
- Payment of a member's dues, except when the payment is made from earmarked funds donated under the Local's "Anonymous Donor Program";
- Repeated assistance for a continuing condition.
Guidelines for Applying for the Musicians Relief Fund:
- Applicant must be a member in good standing for at least one year.
- Applicant must be making regular payments towards work dues.
- Subsequent relief will not be granted for at least one year.
- Maximum award per applicant is $500. Executive Board may grant exception in case of a catastrophic event or illness.
- Applicant must submit bills or medical records. Relief Fund checks will be issued directly to creditors.
- Secretary/Treasurer's office will refer applicants to other relief sources when applicable.
Musicians Relief Options
Pharmacy/Medication Discounts and Assistance Programs
For information on how to apply for the AFM's Lester Petrillo Memorial Fund for Disabled Musicians, please call our Benefits Department at 323.993.3159.
Music Fund of Los Angeles
The Music Fund of Los Angeles is a 501(c)3 emergency assistance fund that provides a resource to help cover daily living and household expenses when a musician is in financial distress and cannot work due to a sudden illness or injury. Musicians need not be a member of the union to apply.
Learn more at musicfundla.org