Healthy CA: SB 562 Labor Forum
When: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 details 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Where: Musicians Local 47 (3220 Winona Ave., Burbank)
Panel discussion with:
- John Acosta, President of AFM Musicians Local 47
- Michael Lighty, Policy Director for California Nurses Association
- Leslie Simon, Co-Chair of Labor United for Universal Healthcare
- Dave Campbell, Secretary-Treasurer of Steelworkers USW Local 675
Year after year unions have waged massive fights on healthcare and are still losing ground. We have higher out of pocket costs, less covered, and fewer options yet we still continue to make sacrifices on wages and pensions to keep up with rising healthcare costs.
It’s time we go on OFFENSE with the Healthy California Act (SB 562) – guaranteed medical, dental, vision and more!
Join our Labor Forum on SB 562 sponsored by Healthy California and Labor United for Universal Healthcare. Learn more about how this benefits and impact unions and union members, share your stories of union healthcare struggles, and hear from other unions about how SB 562 is a chance to stop the endless fights over healthcare at the bargaining table and go on offense by winning guaranteed healthcare for ALL in California. You’ll leave armed with great information and new resources to share with others.
Learn how we go on offense with SB 562 — win healthcare justice for ALL:
- FINALLY get healthcare off the bargaining table.
- Comprehensive benefits; no premiums, deductibles or co-pays.
- Money saved on healthcare can go to wages and pensions.
- Preserve Taft-Hartley funds.
- Eliminate healthcare as a barrier for organizing.
- Cover retiree healthcare benefits (and eliminate the $91 billion GASB liability).
- End plans that exclude family members or cover them at high costs.
- Replace premiums, deductibles, and co-pays with progressive, public financing.