A message from the Professional Musicians, Local 47 and Employers’ Health & Welfare Fund
IMPORTANT BENEFIT CHANGE INFORMATION
Blue Shield of CA Replaces Health Net Coverage
The Board of Trustees is very excited to announce that effective Jan. 1, 2016, Blue Shield has been selected as a health care provider option for you and your family. Blue Shield provides one of California’s largest networks of providers and is proud to be serving the Labor & Trust community.
After careful consideration, the Board of Trustees decided to terminate the Health Net Plans as a health plan choice for participants in the Professional Musicians Local 47 and Employers Health & Welfare, and to offer coverage through the Blue Shield, effective Jan. 1, 2016. Thus, all Health & Welfare participants currently enrolled in one of the Fund’s Health Net Plans will need to enroll either in the comparable Blue Shield Plan or another one of the Fund’s Medical Plans.
WHAT MAKES BLUE SHIELD A BETTER CHOICE
- Health plans with a wide range of benefits that give you options to lower out-of-pocket costs when you access care.
- Collaboration with doctors and hospitals to help them deliver more efficient, cost-effective care.
Comprehensive Coverage and Service
- The Shield Concierge program, which provides a personalized service experience for you. The Shield Concierge team includes customer service representatives, registered nurses, social workers, health coaches, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacists. This team provides personalized support on all aspects of care, including benefits, claims, providers, care coordination, case management, health coaching, pharmacies, and more.
- Wellness programs that encourage you and your family to be proactive about living well.
Personalized case management for complex and/or chronic conditions to help improve quality of life.
- 24/7 online access to:
o Locate providers in California or out of state.
o Chat with a nurse or a pharmacist.
o Track claims.
o Compare treatment costs at different facilities, and more!
Affordable Care Act Compliant
Access to Information through Social Media and Mobile
- Keep up with the latest information from Blue Shield on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Get quick and easy access to health plan and healthcare services information on the go though the Blue Shield of California mobile app, which is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Online Member Services
- Find a participating doctor, medical group, or health facility.
- Check your benefits.
- Order new ID cards and more.
NEED HELP NAVIGATING THROUGH THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?
Your Administrative office is here to help. Call PacFed at (818) 243-0222.