FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (download pdf)
WHAT: Opening night of BlackMusic, BlackWork, a historical exhibition showcasing the African-American musicians union Local 767 of Los Angeles of the 1920s through 1950s.
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017, 6-9 p.m.
California Jazz and Blues Museum
4317 Degnan Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90008
– John Acosta, President, American Federation of Musicians Local 47
– Lola Smallwood Cuevas, Co-Founder, Los Angeles Black Worker Center
– Albert Lord, Deputy – South East, Council District 10 (Herb Wesson)
– Deputy, Council District 8 (Marqueece Harris-Dawson)
– Musicians and family members of historical Local 767
– Live musical performances by Barbara Morrison & the Nedra Wheeler Trio