Voting moves online and more changes for 2017 voting period
The Recording Academy announces the following GRAMMY Awards voting changes:
- For the first time, voting members will cast their GRAMMY Awards votes online rather than by paper ballot.
- Songwriters will now be recognized in Album Of The Year awards.
- Nominations review committees have been established for Rap, Contemporary Instrumental, and New Age fields.
- Album definition expanded to allow for more inclusion in Classical, Dance, and Jazz fields.
- In the Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media category, eligibility guidelines have been amended to require soundtrack albums for a documentary or biopic to contain 51% or more of newly recorded music.
Eligibility Period: Oct. 1, 2016–Sept. 30, 2017
First-Round Ballot Period: Oct. 16–29, 2017
Nominations: Nov. 28, 2017
Final-Round Ballot Period: Dec. 7–21, 2017
60th Annual GRAMMY Awards: Jan. 28, 2018
For information on the GRAMMY Awards process, visit grammy101.com.